Today's residential security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to complete easy security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Stockton, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Stockton For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter around your residence, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices use to communicate with one another. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by putting all elements onto the same network. You can then set up a unique boundary around your house and designate particular actions as you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, when you pull away from your driveway, you may instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are some of the components you may manage with geofencing:
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Stockton. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the fan when the fire alarm trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system senses abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in harmony together. Make your lights switch off, the thermostat go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Stockton
Whether you seek added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (209) 226-4846 or send in the following form to begin customizing your perfect security system.