Security cameras can easily be installed as a hindrance—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras come armed with a number of features all built to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these additions empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Stockton.
How To Set Up Your Stockton Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is mounting them in the proper places around your living space. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera near main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to access the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear scene of your front door, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your interior that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Secrecy for you and your family should be a major regard prior to placing a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Stockton. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your smart device the instant abnormal motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to start recording when motions are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Most of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the camera. With your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that have at least 120° angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the flexibility to guard single spots within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Stockton is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (209) 226-4846 or complete the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.