Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Stockton?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Stockton? Normally, you have three major regions of your residence for video surveillance: your front door, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. While your provider can suggest where to start, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Defend Your Front Door
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would make an effort to simply walk in primary entrance, 34% of invasions take place near this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other dangers to think about. Doorbell surveillance is able to handle all of these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you are able to speak with any visitors who come and engage the doorbell. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to every ring with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. In the event someone does try to do something nefarious, you are able to have your video doorbell automatically capture footage and deliver it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging undertaking. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your property is well protected.
- The corners of your Stockton residence offer a better viewing angle, letting you see two parts of your property.
- Right under an overhanging eave or directly into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partially concealed by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more likely entryway for intruders than you might believe!
- Overlooking a patio or rear door -- or any doorway not visible from the road.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any brush and branches that may block your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Most From Your Indoor Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Stockton. But the additional versatility results in there being more factors to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should be certain your windows are secure, the sunlight from a window can cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Point the lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Just like a watchtower, a security camera located in a high place will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t have the chance to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your security cameras in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best security camera won’t do much good if you have a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Dial (209) 226-4846 or complete the following form to start your project.